Personal tools

Home > Forums
Document Actions

Visual Flight Forums

Welcome Guest ( Login )
All Forums | Active Topics | Forum Search | Forum FAQ
 All Forums
 VFR Online/Multiplayer
 VFR Flying Club (and general multiplayer)
 Sunday November 29th

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Normandean Posted - 17 Nov 2009 : 19:54:20
For my next flight I intend that we enjoy a morning in the Canary Islands. Now that there is some wonderful photographic scenery available a visit, as we did once before, should be a really spectacular experience.

I am posting this now to give you some time to download the scenery files that you will need. It will take a little effort, but I can assure you it is well worth it.

Go to:

http://www.airhispania.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1851&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a its all in spanish, but just look for the URLs.

Download each of the Islands with the URLs provided, the file Malla Canarias MDT10 is the Canary Islands mesh. You will also need the four files contained in:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E2O26YQX

The three AP files go into the Scenery\0502\scenery folder and correct the default heights for the Islands and the cvx file goes into the El Hierro scenery folder.

Any files that are contained in the various Island folders which have Vaccio as part of the name go into the scenery\world\scenery folder.

This file is a flatten for the airport GCLA

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DEAN24M9

and you can also download free airport scenery for La Gomera from

www.fly-wonderful-islands.com/page_57.html

and for Gran Canaria from

http://www.sim-giants.com/products.asp?mc=3

If you like autogen then there is an autogen file for Lanzarote;

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QU2SN7TT

I hope that on the day we will be able to take in at least four of the islands, but if you are limited for time then just make sure that you download Lanzarote, Tenerife, La Gomera and Fuertoventura.

The FP will follow nearer the time.

Norman

Edit: The autogen I mention above is for all the Islands, not just Lanzarote.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
511Flyer Posted - 29 Nov 2009 : 17:19:01
Just a few from me also.

Thanks to Image Shack for free hosting.

Thanks to Norman for the flight, and Dave for hosting MP.

Thanks to the VFR Flyers for another enjoyable morning.

Dennis VFR20.
Andrew Posted - 29 Nov 2009 : 17:14:29
Sorry I could not be with you all this morning. Lovely screen shots Dave. Well worth the long download.
dave belsey Posted - 29 Nov 2009 : 16:22:19
Thank you Norman, for the opportunity to tour this wonderful scenery. I make no apologies for the number of screenshots - indeed I had to whittle it down to these, and even then it barely does justice to the area:

You could be forgiven for thinking that some of those were moonscapes. Thanks to Classic British Files for hosting.

Dave.
Normandean Posted - 26 Nov 2009 : 19:25:18
This is going to be a tale of two flights.

Because the FP is very convoluted I do not intend to make this a listing of track and distance. Instead I will be sending the FP to everyone tonight, so if you don't get a copy please let me know.

Primarily this is a sight seeing trip on four of the Canary Islands. Please be ready to depart Lanzarote (GCRR) runway 03/21 at 1015 hrs. Our track will take us along the East coast of the Island passing Aricife, Montana Corona to reach the North East corner near Monte Corona, passing over Malla on the way. We then cross to Pedro Barba and Calta del Sebo on the Isla Garciosa before turning south back towards the Lanzarote VOR (115.2). From here we follow a zig zag track along the length of the island, taking in the magnificent views of the many volcanos and passing over Haria, Teguise and Yaiza until we finally coast out at the town of Las Calorades for the island of Fuenteventura.

We coast in at Corralenjo and again follow a track that takes us back and forth across the Island passing over Tindaya and Valle de Santa until we reach the Barrenco de los Cuchitos near to Pared. Here we turn and follow the coast back to a landing at Fuenteventura Airport (GCFV) rwy 01/190. This is our stop for coffee and to stretch our legs.

Its is a long way over the sea from Fuerteventura to Tenerife and so after our break we will restart the flight at Reina Sofia airport (GCTS) rwy 08/26 and fly northwards along the coast to Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Beyond Santa Cruz we turn to fly to the TENERIFE-NORTH NDB (410mhz} and on to Punto de Higado. From here we can do a lazy turn round to the left until headed for the TENERIFE-NORTH VOR (117.7) from which we will be on final for Los Rodeos airport (GCXO) rwy 12/30.

Leaving Los Rodeos we fly along the mountainous backbone of the Island and climb up to the summit of the Canary Islands highest active volcano Teide, before dscending to the coast at the far South Western end of the island. Here we turn South East to fly along the coast to the TENERIFE-SOUTH VOR (116.4).

From the VOR we coast out towards La Gommera and a track of 285 deg will take us to San Sebastian de la Gomera. We will then turn to fly along the coast anti clockwise to the most northerly point and then turn in land to see the Parc Nationale de Garajonay. Reaching the centre of the island we turn westward to the coast again and conitinue anti clockwise till we reach the Valle Gran Rey where we turn in land again to reach our final destination La Gomera airport (GCGM) rwy 09/27.

I do hope that you will enjoy this flight and the magnificent Canary Island scenery. See you all Sunday.

Norman
511Flyer Posted - 21 Nov 2009 : 16:42:19
I've got it all installed Norman.

Scenery looks good. Pity about the airfields.

Sorry if I appeared pushy, but we are going away for five days on monday, and I probably wouldn't have had time to sort it out on my return.

Dennis.

ps. Ilfracombe.
Normandean Posted - 21 Nov 2009 : 11:59:06
Hi There,

been down for a couple of days, see Dennis's other thread.

There is a problem with Megaupload that if there isn't enough downloads of a file then they withdraw it. I expect that is what has happened here. The file that you cannot download is one that contains three AP files to amend the heights of the airports on some of the canaries, from memory Reina Sofia, El Hiero and Lanzarote. That particular zip file is only a small one, so I will send it to you all.

I have found that the best way to arrange the files is:

Make a folder called Canary Islands and in it two folders scenery and texture. Use this to make an AIO folder for the whole area. Place in the approrpiate folders the scenery and texture files for all the Islands.

The Mallas Canarias MDT25 folder contains the mesh, so that goes as a separate entry below the Canary Islands foler in the scenery library.

The other files contained in the zips are the AP files, that go to the default scnery\0502\scenery folder and any files with vaccio in the name which go to the default scenery\world\scenery folder. If these are left out it doesn't matter too much, it just means that the airports will be at the wrong heights. For instance MS seem to think that the airports at Tenerife and Lanzarote are about 400 ft in the air, even though they are just above the beach. Rather like Chivenor.

If you are using the FlyWonderfulIslands version of La Gomera you install this after the Canary Islands and place the LC file below Canary Islands and the airport file below the MDT 25 mesh. Then, and this is important, after running the sim load the Tenerife scenery into the aio folders again.

Norman
511Flyer Posted - 20 Nov 2009 : 19:18:03
Nooooooooooorrr Maaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!! Where are you?

Can this work without the missing files?

What order should the scenery be loaded in?

My brain 'urts!!!

511Flyer Posted - 20 Nov 2009 : 11:17:27
Uploading much quicker to day. 66.5KB/Sec

Any word on the unavailable link Norman?

Dennis.
meibion Posted - 19 Nov 2009 : 17:47:36
quote:
Originally posted by TangoEcho

Norman,

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E2O26YQX does not work.

All I got was
- Invalid link
- The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of service.
511Flyer Posted - 19 Nov 2009 : 16:31:08
By 'eck Norman lad, tha does pick 'em!

Lanzarote is downloading at 7.6KB/sec, and you can only download one file at a time. It will take forever!

TangoEcho Posted - 19 Nov 2009 : 14:22:40
Norman,

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E2O26YQX does not work.

VISUAL FLIGHT FORUMS © 2002-2014 Visual Flight and contributors Go To Top Of Page
Page took 0.38s. Thank you for visiting. Snitz Forums 2000
by adminlast modified 2006-04-17 16:44

Partially powered by Plone